This project is read-only.

GeoTIFF loading

Sep 9, 2011 at 4:21 PM

Hello!

I'm trying to load geotiff as a rater layer, but is loading as a grid, but not raster. And there is a problem with large rasters loading. Is it possible to work with geotiff rasters in dotspatial app?

Thanks

Sep 11, 2011 at 1:06 PM

Yes, GeoTiff support is included in the GDAL extension. We're likely to roll out the extension inside of the extension manager in a few weeks. In the meantime, you can compile your own copy by getting the source from http://dotspatialapp.codeplex.com

Does this help?

Sep 11, 2011 at 8:23 PM

Thank you for your answer, mudnug!
I will wait for this extension in extension manager. Will it be possible to load a large rasters (larger than 8000x8000)?

Sep 13, 2011 at 3:02 AM

I don’t know what the upper limit is on file size, but there is one. During my last review of the code I noticed that the file loaded into memory as opposed to reading it piecemeal (based on what is displayed) off the disk. I don’t think this is a limitation of the file format, but rather of our implementation, at the moment. GDAL seems to support reading portions of the file, while our implementation doesn’t seem to do this.

Sep 13, 2011 at 8:00 PM

I tryed to find a reason in sources why small images in DotSpatial are loaded well and large are failed to show. At some classes I've found a 8000-pixel limits. In short - If the image (geotiff) large than 8000 pixel in width or height than process of pyramid-files is starting (and failed at some reason). If I rise this limit than image is loaded well but it is not shown at the map-control. I hope that DS developers will solve this problem.